11.18.2009

My Menu (11/20/09-12/03/09)

I decided that I'm going to start publishing my menu. I figure it might give you some ideas when you're not sure what to plan for and it'll give me easy reference for when I'm going back trying to figure out the links to any recipes I might need. And of course...depending on how some new recipes go, you just might see them land on this blog if they're not already here. Only if they're delicious enough though!

And - my disclaimer - I will never call myself, nor my menu, fancy. It's pretty limited to quick and budget-friendly recipes that I can get onto the table within 30 mins or so. I do try to use recipes that are Weight Watcher compatible, but it doesn't always work out that way for every meal. Most of my meals are kid-friendly. At least for our kid they are.

I plan our menu and grocery shop for two weeks at time (with the exception of some perishable items). I've cut our spending on groceries in half by doing this along with clipping coupons and watching the ad sales...it's refreshing to not be throwing spoiled food we forgot about away week after week.

Fri: @ Disney Playground show, eat out
Sat: beef tacos
Sun: cajun shrimp w/ brown rice & veggie
Mon: greek burgers w/ tater tots & veggie
Tues: french dip subs w/ chips
Wed: baked ziti
Thurs: Thanksgiving @ Lake Mills
Fri: sausage tortellini soup w/ bread
Sat: order pizza
Sun: shrimp scampi w/ brown rice & veggie
Mon: bbq chicken packets
Tues: chili w/ crackers
Wed: deep dish pizza
Thurs: tuna & noodles w/ peas

Enjoy!

No comments: