9.30.2008

Cheesey Bacon Spinach Dip

I found this in the latest Kraft Foods magazine. I get excited when I find a dip like this that isn't based on mayo or sour cream. So I gave this one a whirl at a food day recently and the reviews were good. I'd make it again for sure. Serve it with tortilla chips. Best if served warm, but okay at room temperature, too.

yield: enough for an entire bag of tortilla chips and then some

1 block of velveeta: cut up into small cubes
1/2 block of cream cheese: softened
1 block of frozen chopped spinach: thawed
1 jar of hormal bacon pieces (find by the bacon bits and salad dressing)
1 can of rotel tomatoes

1. dump all this into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes
2. take it out and stir and if it isn't done, try again for another 3-5 minutes

It took quite a few "rounds" in our microwave for this to get done, but once it was done - it was delicious. Definitely worth sharing!

No comments: