9.30.2008

Bubbling Pizza Casserole

Another delicious find amongst all the weight watcher recipes out there. Whenever I try a diet or low-calorie recipe, my test is always whether or not I'd still make it even if I wasn't dieting. Every recipe I've posted so far that is a low-cal or ww recipe falls under that category for sure...but this recipe is one I plan to make for years to come. Each serving is 4 points (~330 calories).

yield: 8 servings

cooking spray
1 lb lead ground beef
1 medium onion: chopped
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 green pepper: chopped
16oz refrigerator biscuits (8 biscuits per can): quartered - 32 pieces total
1 cup of shredded mozzarella

1. preheat over to 350-degrees
2. spray 9x13 baking dish
3. brown meat, stir in onion and other veggies
4. stir in spaghetti sauce once meat is done and veggies are tender
5. add biscuits, stir until coated in mixture
6. dump mixture into baking dish
7. bake for ~25 minutes
8. spring with cheese and bake additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done
9. let stand 5 minutes before serving

This dish is delicious. The original recipe has you make your own sauce but it adds more time and ingredients so I cut all of that out with the one jar of spaghetti sauce. Another tip that I got was to buy a second container of biscuits, quarter them, sprinkle garlic salt on them and bake them per the directions on the packaging of the biscuits...you have little biscuit bites to serve with your bubbling pizza that way.

No comments: