1.25.2009

Chicken Chili

Another recipe from kraftfoods.com. I was a little hesitant because normally the idea of chicken and chili flavors going together just don't hit the right spot for me. But, seeing the low calorie side of life again - I decided to give it a whirl again tonight. As usual, I modified the recipe to our liking so of course - feel free to do the same with our version...

yield: ~6 big bowls

1.5 lbs chicken breasts: uncooked
1 can light red kidney beans: undrained
1 can dark red kidney beans: undrained
1 can tomato sauce, no salt
1/2 pkg of frozen corn
1-1/2 cups salsa
2 Tbsp chili powder (I did one hot and one mild)
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes (or chop up 1 small onion)

1. throw everything into your crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours
2. around 6 hours you'll need to shred the chicken
3. serve with baked scoops for some crunch

My calorie count isn't exact on this one but it'd be about 400 calories per bowl. And that even would include a sprinkling of cheese on top. I was a little bit "naughty" and had mine with tator tots - not sure why but tator tots are a serious weakness of mine. So clearly that would up the calorie count. Anyway, calories aside, Mike said - and I quote - "Wow, Honey. You've really been on quite a roll. This is good. I mean REALLY good." So, there you have it. Once again, the mister is pleasantly filled to his brim and I'm quietly gloating about my recent success's - hehe. I took some pictures but we all know that chili doesn't really photograph well, so take these for what they're worth...pictures of chicken chili.


This rounds out to just under 7 ww pts per serving. And sooooooo satisfying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Loved it. Super easy...and something a little different. We are making it again this week.