1.09.2009

Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad

I got this recipe from kraftfoods.com and it is a great recipe for entertaining. The only warning that Mike and I could come up with is that if you don't like feta, this dish is definitely not for you...the feta makes the entire dish so it isn't something you could "do without".

yield: 4 servings

2 cups cooked penne pasta
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes (I cut up one roma)
1 pkg (4 oz) feta cheese
half a cup of light italian dressing (I used even less...probably more like a quarter cup)
1/3 cup basil leaves: cut into strips (I used a couple dashes of italian seasonings instead)
1/4 cup red onion: chopped
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I didn't use these)
2 chicken breasts: cooked and cut into slices

1. toss all ingredients
2. serve warm or chilled (we had it warm)

This is an awesome dish for entertaining. It tastes like a lot of work but takes almost none. You could even use the precooked chicken breasts that they sell by the lunch meat if you were in a real hurry. We tossed everything together in a large frying pan so the cheese would melt a little. One of Mike's first comments on this dish was, "I'm going to over eat." It has a lot of flavor and at 290 calories a serving - is shockingly healthy!
.

.

No comments: