10.05.2008

Peanut Butter Brownies

A trusty kraft recipe I found online. Once the heath bars were gone I still had to make dessert for our friends so I found this recipe. I'm normally not much of a "baker" but these were easy enough for me - lol.

yield: 24 bars

cooking spray
1 pkg brownie mix (and the ingredients to make it)
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (I used the SF/FF one)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
one tub of cool whip: unthawed
3 squares of baker's semi sweet chocolate
1/2 cup of peanuts: coarsely chopped

1. preheat oven per brownie directions
2. spray 9x13 baking dish
3. prepare brownie's per package instructions and bake accordingly
4. once brownies are done they need to cool (I did this in the fridge to speed it up)
5. in a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding until blended
6. add peanut butter and powdered sugar, mix well
7. set aside in the fridge to keep cool until needed
8. once brownies are cool, spread the peanut butter mixture over them and set aside
9. melt cool whip and chocolate together for 30 seconds at a time on high, stir in between
10. once the frosting is melted together, pour/spread on top of brownies
11. sprinkle peanuts on top
12. refridgerate 1 hour before serving

These were a big hit. I also used light cool whip but my frosting stuff was sort of runnier than what it should have been I think so that could have been an issue. It didn't taste any different and with the time in the fridge it set up ok...so if you're looking for a couple small ways to take a few calories out - I'd use the SF/FF pudding and light cool whip.

My picture isn't glamorous, but its the real deal :)



No comments: