9.03.2009

Tortilla Pie

yield: 4 servings (6 ww pts each)

1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (I used a tsp or so of dried)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin (we didn't use this)
5 medium corn tortillas (we used flour)
30 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
8 oz diced green chilies
1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. preheat over to 400-degrees
2. in a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, salsa, cilantro, chili powder and cumin
3. on a large nonstick skillet, warm tortillas and set aside
4. drain and rinse the black beans and then mash and set aside
5. in a pie dish, place 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture in the bottom
6. layer with a tortilla, more tomato mixture, mashed beans, 2 Tbsp of chilies and then 1 Tbsp of cheese
7. repeat until ingredients are gone
8. bake for 20-30 minutes

We only had one can of black beans so I used 1 can of black beans and then 1 can of corn in my "bean mash" and it was really tasty. While I'm sure it's good with all beans, I like the variety and color that the corn gives it. We also had our tortilla pie with some spanish rice and while it may be a meat-less dish, I'm proud to report that we all got full!



No comments: